Becoming a bar or a bat mitzvah is a significant milestone in the life of a young person and their family. As the bar/bat mitzvah child begins to dig deeper into his/her own identity, family and community intersect to support this important period of growth and exploration. At Temple Israel Center, we begin this journey together in the 6th grade with the following programs:
- Sunday morning family learning brunches with educators and clergy
- Shabbat experiences: including Friday night dinner and program, and special 6th grade Saturday morning prayer services
- Tzedek and Mitzvah Opportunities
- Torah study support and online forum for sharing of ideas
- Opportunities to meet other 6th grade families and connect with the larger synagogue community
Our next 6th grade programs will take place on Saturday, April 28 at 10:30 am and Sunday, May 20 at 11:00 am.