Our Nursery School has a very active Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) that sponsors a variety of social, educational, and fundraising events throughout the year. These events help nurture the sense of community that makes our Nursery School such a unique and warm place.
To volunteer or get involved, contact co-Presidents Lissy Carr or Jen Teigman at [email protected].
Click on the links below for printable fliers of our events and Dues/Event Payment Form.
- PTO Highlights for the 2016-2017 School Year
- Welcome Back Playdates
- Welcome Breakfast for Parents
- Sukkah Party
- Parents' Cocktail Party
- Pizza Tuesdays and Mac & Cheese Wednesdays
- PTO Dues, Event Schedule & Payment Form
highlights of annual PTO programming
- Back to School Picnic (a fun family afternoon at Correll Park durin
- g the first week of school featuring a visit from the ice cream truck)
- Coffee in the Courtyard (Welcome Breakfast - a parent event during the first week of school for parents new and old)
- Sukkah Decorating Pizza Party (a family event with pizza, crafts, and lots of decorating fun in TIC's courtyard sukkah)
- Nursery School and Shorashim Holiday Boutique (a tremendous shopping opportunity featuring a wide variety of vendors and benefiting the schools of TIC)
- Parent Cocktail Party (a "grown up evening" to socialize with other parents over wine, hors d'oeuvres and dessert)
- Hanukkah Mitzvah Party (a family afternoon of crafts, music, dancing, food and a chance to donate a gift to a child in need)
- Annual Family Concert (our annual concert for kids and grown-ups who love them; bring your children and their friends and let them rock out to fun kid songs!)
- Mishloach Manot Mitzvah Event (a visit with the residents of the Esplanade in White Plains to perform Purim songs, hand out Mishloach Manot, and snack on Hamentaschen)
- Teacher Appreciation Luncheon (a parent and teacher luncheon to say thank you to our hardworking teachers)
- End of the Year Picnic (a final fun family afternoon at Correll Park with a visit from the ice cream truck)
Throughout the Year
- Monthly tzedakah drives to collect items to be distributed via various community organizations to those in need. Some of our drives in years past included:
- September Bear Drive
- October Soap & Sock Drive
- Thanksgiving Food Drive & Bake Sale
- Hanukkah Toy Drive
- January Pajama Drive
- February Birthday Angels
- Passover Food Drive
- Bake Sales featuring items baked by children in the classroom to benefit the PTO and other community organizations.
The PTO relies heavily on parent volunteers to make its events a success and welcomes parents of all Nursery School ages—Parenting Center through 4s—to become involved. From being a class parent to chairing an event, joining a committee, or even just helping out at a bake sale, there are countless opportunities to contribute.
PTO meetings are held bi-monthly throughout the year providing an easy way to get involved and voice your ideas, feedback, and suggestions.
Interested in chairing an event or committee? Have ideas and suggestions? Email us here.