OUR EDUCATIONAL VISION STATEMENT
Temple Israel Center engages our children and their families in the beauty of living and learning Jewishly. We believe that, just as each letter of the Torah scroll is indispendable, each person’s spiritual development is necessary for the integrity and the continuity of the Jewish community and for living responsibly in the world.
The mitzvot, shared by our families ad our community, are learning and living Torah and Jewish values, tikkun olam, and prayer.
From our vision statement, we have two main priority goals for every educational experience which are:
We see each and every child and family as an integral part of the Shorashim community. We know how important an excellent Jewish education is to you, and that is what we offer. We are committed to fostering positive relationships and joyful learning in our inclusive learning environments, as children come together in a warm and welcoming community.
We look forward to partnering together with you in the Jewish education of your child/ren.
- Why Shorashim?
- General Information Center (for forms, schedules,contacts)
- 2019-2020/5780 Calendar
- Meeting the Needs of All of Our Learners
- Family Handbook
THE GOALS OF OUR RELIGIOUS EDUCATION PROGRAM ARE:
- To foster a positive Jewish identity within the learner.
- To integrate each learner's Jewish experiences with those of the synagogue community.
- To develop Jewish literacy, including the study of Hebrew, Siddur skills, Torah, Jewish history, and observance of important Jewish rituals and holidays.
- To provide experiences and develop skills in Jewish prayer, personal religious thought and creative spiritual expression.
- To emphasize the concept of mitzvah as a basis for Jewish belief and action. To provide focused opportunities for family involvement to enhance and encourage independent Jewish family life.
- To create an appreciation of lifelong Torah study as a vital link to our tradition.
- To build community in and around our learning spaces, and with Klal Yisrael, the world Jewish community, by actively seeking the welfare of Jews throughout the world and affirm our historical bond to Eretz Yisrael, the State of Israel.
- To provide inclusive learning environments where ALL children can learn and grow together.
We are proud of our wide ranging and spiraling curriculum. We implement our curriculum by following best practices in education. Our focus on experiential learning optimizes the use of different modalities to ensure the success of all of our learners. Click here to learn about curriculum by grade.
Meeting the needs of all our learners
We are proud to have inclusive learning spaces, that meet the needs of all our learners.